Featured Post

My 15 Minute City

I am excited to announce the launch of a new project entitled, My 15 Minute City! This project will be a series of short videos providing a ...

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Experiments in walking - 2

The word cloud, or Wordle, is another technique I find effective for representing a collective response to a walking activity.  In these word clouds the more frequently used words are more visually prominent in size and colour.

Below is the Wordle generated from the word-pairs submitted by students in response to a short walk from Laurier to Uptown Waterloo on a cold and snowy Valentine's day.  On this walk I asked students to comment on their walking experience rather than the cityscape they were walking through. 

Click enlarge - x to return

No comments:

Post a Comment